with knowledge and experience in the medical technology sector
Innovation Industries is one of the largest technology oriented venture capital funds in the Netherlands. At present we have €225 million under management. We focus on high growth opportunities in high tech, med tech and agri & food tech. We aim to support Dutch tech ventures by providing both funding as well as hands-on guidance. Our partners are the four technical universities (Eindhoven, Twente, Delft and Wageningen) as well as TNO.
To strengthen our organization we are looking for an Investment Director. The Director will have an active role in deal sourcing, deal making, strategic and financial analysis, due diligence, portfolio management and the preparation and execution of exits and add-on acquisition. Primary focus will be on medtech and healthcare related deals and portfolio companies, but involvement may be extended to other technologies and industries.
The Investment Director will be part of a highly professional and knowledgeable investment team and will be sparring partner for the boards of the fund’s portfolio companies.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Source medtech and healthcare investments, including meeting with founders and entrepreneurs, and attending relevant conferences and networking events
- Oversee Innovation Industries’ medtech and healthcare related investments processes, including deal structuring and deal execution including due diligence prior to the closing of deals
- Serve on the board and coach medtech portfolio companies on their product development, go-to-market strategies, etc.
- Develop a knowledge base of emerging medtech and healthcare technologies of interest to Innovation Industries
- Provide thought leadership in medtech and healthcare domains
- A Master or PhD graduate degree in a medical, biotechnological or technical education
- Finished education with outstanding grades
- 10-15 years relevant experience in a medtech or healthcare company with a focus on product development and/or business development
- Sound analytical skills and knowledge of accounting, business and economics
- Knowledge of regulatory trajectories in healthcare
- A good understanding of technical propositions
- Excellent Dutch and English writing and oral skills
- Team player, but ability to work independently
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented, strategic mindset
As part of the Innovation Industries team, you will be on top of the latest and innovative technologies and can expect a steep learning curve. Your career can evolve into a full partner position in one of Innovation Industries’ future VC funds.
Your basis will be either in Amsterdam or Eindhoven, with frequent trips to (potential) portfolio companies in the Netherlands.
Are you interested in this position?
Please send an email to Chris Sonnenberg at email@example.com.