40 hours per week, Eindhoven
Innovation Industries is one of the largest high tech venture capital funds in the Netherlands. With € 250mln under management we invest in high growth opportunities in high tech, med tech and agri & food tech. Investing tickets ranging from € 1mln to € 25mln per company. We aim to support Dutch tech ventures by providing funding as well as hands-on guidance. Our tech partners are the four Dutch technical universities (Eindhoven, Twente, Delft and Wageningen) and TNO.
To strengthen our organization we are looking for an investment analyst or associate. The investment analyst/associate will have an active role in deal selection, strategic and financial analysis, due diligence (technical, legal, financial and commercial), portfolio management and the preparation and execution of exits and add-on acquisitions. The investment analyst/associate has an active role in the investment team and is a sparring partner for the boards of our portfolio companies.
- At least 2-5 years of relevant working experience (Corporate VC, strategic consulting, investment banking, PE/VC firm)
- A technical, medical or biotechnological education (Masters or Ph.D.)
- Excellent Dutch and English written and oral communications skills
- Team player, but ability to work independently
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented, strategic mindset
- Prior experience with due diligence and/or deal structuring is preferred
Duties and responsibilities
- Co-manage entire investment process as needed from sourcing companies and conducting due diligence to closing deals and managing portfolio companies
- Identify emerging technologies and companies of interest to Innovation Industries for early, mid, and late stage investments
- Map investment trends, develop investment themes, generate research reports and build & maintain a pipeline of companies
- Serve on the board (as observer) and support tech portfolio companies subsequent to an investment
- Participate in industry events to network with VCs and startups to support deal flow
- General office management including organizing logistics for internal/external events & meetings
We offer a market competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a pleasant and professional team. Your career can evolve into a full partner position in one of Innovation Industries’ future VC funds. In your current role, you get a lot of responsibility and can expect a steep learning curve. Your basis will be Eindhoven (we have 2 offices), with frequent trips to Amsterdam and (potential) portfolio companies in the Netherlands.
Are you interested?
Send your application to Chris Sonnenberg or Harm de Vries by email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org